Friday, September 11, 2020

Leaders - be aware: the new way of the world

 Life has already become more complicated with the need for groups of six and subleaders. The latest restrictions have added a new twist which will probably apply to all pubs run by large companies with a very formal policy structure or trackable computer booking systems.

This morning on my recce for next weeks ride I called in at the Grantley Arms in Wonersh ( ultimately a Young's pub via a subsidiary). I wanted to check that in view of the new regulations my booking for several tables for groups of 6 maximum was still OK. I was assured that this was fine and if necessary group leaders names could be added for Test and Trace on Wednesday - though I did offer to email the information in advance.

Two hours later, riding back near Little London my phone rang. It was the Grantley Arms. In the intervening time they had received instructions from Head Office that all bookings for multiple tables in the same name must be cancelled immediately from their booking systems. Maximum one table of six per person.

A brief discussion resulted two tables being retained ( as Frances was with me) at different times and an agreement that I would provide another leaders name and times tomorrow ( subject to amendment on Tuesday). Thus by tomorrow they will have three or possibly four tables booked with different names/times. 

Be warned - this is likely to happen to you in future weeks.

No comments: