Thursday, January 07, 2021

Tony's local ride to Barnes

The rain had stopped by 10.30am so I cycled out following Beverley Brook which starts in Cuddington Park, located at the end of my garden. The route took me through Richmond Park, Palewell Park and Barnes where I found a cafe and W.Cs in Vine Road Recreation Ground.

Continuing to follow the brook I came upon The Beverley Works iron gates which turned out to be the entrance to an Aeroplane Factory which produced parts in 1916 and then after the first war made luxury cars.

My journey continued past the wetlands and onto the Thames Path, Opposite Fulham Football Stadium (which is being extended) following on to where the Brook meets the Thames.

Heading home to Roehampton and Wimbledon Windmill Cafe.

22 Miles

~ Tony Hooker 






No comments: