Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Christmas greetings from Tony Ashford (in Germany)

Hi Tim,

            Just a short email to wish you a very happy Christmas and a good 2022. I hope that all is well with you despite all the worries about Covid, and that you remain in good health. For us it was a bad year for travel and in the end we didn't even make it out of Germany. We did manage though to have a two-week biking holiday on the Darss peninsula on the Baltic coast. In contrast to where we live, it's a bit flat but very atmospheric, and like Holland the wind can really give you a real work out (and then we had the child trailers). I did manage to replace the Dieppe run with a locally organised bike run but apart from that it's been a bad year for events and my all my running races were either cancelled or postponed. I just hope that Omicron doesn't wipe out next years' events too.

            Anyway here's hoping that we can all meet up again next year in Dieppe - that would be really nice. I wish you and all the other Sou'Westers all the best over the festive season and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes

Tony Ashford and family

 

[I had to look up the Darss Peninsula; it is here:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ Tim]

No comments: