Saturday, December 18, 2021

Interested in the B Group ride on 29 December?

Ged, the Rides Secretary, tells me that the manager of Elleray Hall in Teddington, where we are due for elevenses on Wednesday 29 December, needs to know by this Wednesday 22 December, how many we think will be attending that day.

These are dreadfully uncertain times, I know, and none of us an be completely sure what will be happening on that day but please can you let me know if you are thinking about coming to elevenses on that day.

My B Group ride will be a winter ride along the Thames as far as Battersea, returning to finish at Kingston Market in good time for most people to get home in the light.

Before Omicron I had intended to lunch at the Windmill on Clapham Common and I will still be checking that out, but because of the Omicron situation I yesterday visited the Pear Tree Cafe at the lakeside in Battersea Park; it is open that day, serves hot bacon sandwich type food and has a large number of outdoor tables as well as indoor.  On my (unhurried) recce yesterday it was two hours five minutes from the start.

A link to the route is below, it may be subject to minor variations on subsequent recces.


https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38167669 


PLEASE, FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF OUR HOSTS AT ELLERAY HALL, CAN YOU LET ME KNOW BY E-MAIL BEFORE LUNCHTIME ON TUESDAY 21 DECEMBER IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT COMING TO ELEVENSES.  

I will then pass on the numbers to the Rides Secretary, so that he can inform the Centre.

This will not be taken as a commitment, it is just to try to help the manager at Elleray Hall.

paulandrewjames1949@yahoo.co.uk


Thanks

No comments: