Saturday, May 18, 2024

Invite to A ride 22nd May

 Our ride from Caterham on Wednesday will be to Old Dunnings Mill on the edge of East Grinstead. 

Pub website and menus

We have not been asked to pre-order based on arriving in groups of less than 10. There is reference on the website to a 10% service charge - I don't think I was charged it when I ordered at the bar on the recce but I can't promise.

The outward route (19 miles) climbs from the A22 below Caterham up to Woldingham village. There is then a very steep descent to Old Oxted and then south to Lingfield and East Grinstead with a few ups and downs. 

The return (21miles) to Brockham starts wth a climb away from the pub but is then fairly gentle. A two mile stretch of the Worth Way is off road but has a good surface which we have often used to Horsted Keynes. Tea at Brockham Reading Rooms.

Please email me by 6pm on Monday. Thanks.

No comments: