Thursday, August 02, 2007

C Group Aug 1st

The fine weather was still with us as we assembled for our monthly meet at Cobham. Our lunch venue was The Bull at Clandon. John C. led the way up Plough Lane followed by Ron, Roger, Dave, Linda, Beatie, Bill H., Bill and Pat M., Fuzz, the other John, Dennis and a return visit from Lisa and Jonothan. I managed to stay in there somewhere and apologise if I`ve left anyone out. One puncture ocurred about a mile from our destination and one of our number stayed to help. Afraid I did not spot who they were as I was passing (probably getting groggy with the hill climbing) The only bit of offroad was a concrete farm path. We returned by much of the same route as the intention was to have tea at Cobham. I left the others when we got to The Ripley road and went home via Send and Tannery Lane..
Thanks John for a nice ride. I did around 32miles by 3.45-----------Abert

No comments: