Thursday, August 09, 2007

C Group Aug 8th

Good turnout at Walton. Weather forecast so good I saved weight and left cape at home. Ron was leading; venue The Cricketers at Downside. they got away from me in Walton High Street due to traffic lights, but being on home ground I pressed on hoping to catch up with the rest, consisting of Mark, Roger, Fuzz, Dave, Alan, John, Dennis, Lynda, Helga, Dawn et al (Oh come on thats`s not bad for one of my advanced age!). As I got nearer to Hersham (I had already missed the right turn at The Halfway), I was overtaken by Harold and we rode together up Queens Road, Seven Hills Road and turned left to go under the A3 near Notre Dame School. At his suggestion we waited for the others to arrive for a photo session. In less than five minutes they did just that. From then on we kept together thro` Cobham to our lunch. Afterwards tea was to be taken either at Claygate or Ewell (I think). Giving in to my old bones I opted for a ride home down the busy Byfleet Road. I must stop this awful habit. I`ve got a darned good bike!!-------------------Albert

No comments: