Wednesday, August 29, 2007

C Group Aug 29th

Good turnout at Elleray Hall, Bill and Margaret Squirell were there on their tandem trike for elevenses and a few others including Dennis who were not on the ride. Even so with splendid weather around fifteen of us set off with Lynda leading, for lunch at Ye Olde Swan by the river at Thames Ditton. Our company consisted of Lynda, Beryl, Carol, Sonia, John C., Tom, Ron, Dave, Roger, .Bill, Phil, myself and lots more whose names escape me. We explored a few interesting paths through Bushy Park and a few awkward gates, leaving at Culled Deer gate with a short ride to Home Park where some took a litle time to view the odd spot of interest. Not having brought my reading glasses, the signs were unreadable. I just about carry the kitchen sink as it is. Ask the kind friends who help me with the bike when we arrive at steep steps and awkward gates! I think we all enjoyed our lunch which was inexpensive and promptly served outside by the river in the sunshine... I intended to go home via The Scilly Isles and Esher, but by the time I found my way through Thames Ditton the first spot I recognised was Hampton Court bridge so opted to make my way back as I had arrived in the morning, down to Walton and Weybridge. Thanks Lynda for a most interesting ride in good company. I clocked 42mls ----------------------------- Albert

No comments: