Thursday, November 08, 2007

B Group Nov 7th


No less than 17 of us set out from Cobham. We even had a hanger on from the A group in the elegant shape of Julian! I failed to get all the names, so rather than admit to the ones I don't know/can't remember I'll not give any!
We sped to Pyrford lock with one small hitch, several people with clean bikes refused the track I had chosen. (described on the OS map as "other road drive or track"). A small detour down the A3 got us back on my route.
Then it was tow path for a long way. Along the Wey Navigation to the river and then all the way along the river almost to Richmond Bridge where we turned at River Lane into Petersham. Lunch for most of us (I'm not sure why some didn't come) was at The Edge at Hampton Court which has a nice view over the river, tea at the Garden Centre in Petersham - beetroot cake - lovely! The tow path was not to everyone's liking: some did like the freedom from traffic and the lovely autumn colours, some disliked the bumpy bits. From Petersham into Richmond Park where we stayed off the roads, out through Kingston Gate and thence back to North Cheam. 46 miles.
Bernard

No comments: