Thursday, November 22, 2007

C Group November 21st

We had quite a few extra turn out at Kingston with such great autumn weather; sunny, not so cold as of late and just a mild breeze. I counted about fourteen on the ride led by John G. followed by Fuzz, Dave, Lynda, Beryl, Tom, Roger, Dennis, Mick and Mary on their tandem, Phil, a newcomer named Gerry (I think) and me. Our intended lunch stop was The Queens Head at Weybridge (as John said: chosen specially for my benefit bless him). After leaving Kingston over the bridge we entered the park for a pleasant ride, on well surfaced roads, leaving by the gate on the Hampton Road then into the Lower Sunbury Road.
Before reaching the turning to Walton Bridge we made a left turn ostensibly for a bit of a diversion. I was having some trouble with vision in the lowering sunlight and stated my intention to make my own way to the pub down Walton Lane and via my birthplace Thames street; a spot I can find with my eyes shut! This worked out quite well as we all arrived at our destination at the same time.
The food was good as was the beer after which I went home with less than two miles to go. Thanks John -------------------------- Albert

No comments: