Thursday, November 29, 2007

Jura update

Dates : 6th May 2008 to 12th May 2008 (14th may 2008)

I am concerned that I am now receiving requests to vary the accommodation bookings (vis: Mike Morleys request for a single room rather than a double room with an additional single room for Toni d'Italia and Ian Appletons request for the duration of his stay to be one day shorter due to his intended late arrival by one day).

It is now very difficult to change the bookings as a contract has been entered into with the owner of the Auberge. We are now bound by this contract which was based on your individually requested bookings. The owners will look to you individually to compensate them for any financial shortfall which might occur in you shortening or amending the bookings.

Indeed I have secured a very special deal with the owner of the Auberge because of the numbers of beds required. (i.e. a reduction in the normal price to be paid by smaller parties). This will be as stated Euro 32.50 per person per night.

I have e-mailed Mike that I will see if there is any room for manoeuvre with the owners when I go to the Jura at Christmas (not what I really wanted to do! It spoils my relaxation with my family during the festive season). However, as the region is very popular, as evidenced by my failure to gain accommodation at Le Chalet de la Haute-Joux, I am in some doubt that I will be successful in this respect. Even if I am successful the owners may want to increase the prices for you all due to the fact that they will be one room short when they try to satisfy other demands for accommodation (they are an over flow for Le Chalet de la Haute-Joux).

I am not gaining anything by running this trip other than seeing you all have a very good holiday. However, if I am constantly being harassed to change arrangements I may think twice about running such events in future.

Hope you will appreciate my position.

Kind regards,

John

No comments: