Thursday, November 15, 2007

C Group November 14th

The weather was cold but sunny as we left Weybridge with Phil in the
lead. Just six of us; Phil, Beryl, Fuzz, Bill, Roger and me.
Our lunch destination was Thorpe Green, but the pub was unknown to
myself. We took the cyclepath to Addlestone, up Woburn Hill, across the dual
carriageway,under St.Peters Way via the tunnel and thus to Green Lane. We turned
left into Little Green Lane after crossing over the M25. A bit of a climb on this
road; over the Guildford Road near the hospital to join a footpath which came
out on the Chobham Road at which point we did a right and left to the
Longcross Road along which a right turn took us through Lyne. When we got to Thorpe
Road the offroad started after which we almost arrived at Egham Hythe. According
to the barmaid it was still Thorpe Green and having ordered a drink we found
they did not do food as neither did the next pub down the road. However Bill and
I had a couple of beers and he had his sandwiches. I told Phil we would see him
at Shepperton (our tea stop). The others must have taken tea some other
place since it was getting late when we left Shepperton also a bit misty. I
hope the others had a good lunch. I got stuck in as soon as I arrived home!
-------------------------- Albert

No comments: