Thursday, November 29, 2007

C Group November 28th


We had a good turnout at Claygate in fine late autumn weather. Nice to see Pam back on her bike and Mark back from his extended visit to Amritsa. I counted fourteen at the start of our ride with Mike leading John C., Bill P., Tom, Dave, Mark, Beryl, Lynda, Dave, Roger, Ron and me. I`ll remember the others names and have to kick myself later, but it really was a great ride to the George IV at West Horsley.
The offroad started with Claygate Common and we had a couple of more cracks at the outback stuff before reaching Stoke D`Abernon. Our second section offroad brought us out next to the small chapel at Downside Common. Mark left us here and pressed on to Bookham Common.
We took a lane that brought us out to Stoke Road which we crossed before starting a spot more puddle jumping. We emerged into a road familiar to most of us. It was most of the vertical part of Plough Lane! We crossed the road at The Mucky Duck and continued down Ockham Road with a fairly easy ride to lunch. By the way this is the only place I have found which gives one a choice of brown or white baguette to enclose ones bacon and brie. However I am not paid to advertise and as tea was to be at Leatherhead I made a beeline for home via Ripley.
I forgot to mention John had a slow puncture but got his lunch in time. ----------------
Albert

No comments: