Thursday, October 07, 2010

Easy Riders Oct 6th

When I left home en route for Cobham, the weather was not promising with flooded roads and a fair amount of drizzle. Riding through a flood near Byfleet I hit a raised drain and just avoided coming a cropper. attendance was rather low, but after elevenses the sun came out earlier than forecast and, led by John C., we made for The Seven Stars at Ripley. Our number consisted of Beryl, Lynda, Roger, Fuzz, me plus two more and John of course. Plough Lane showed no signs of heavy flooding either and crossing the road at Martyrs Green near The Mucky Duck, I kept on Fuzz` tail on a somewhat flatter route than the others who had tackled Hungry Hill. We crossed into Newark Lane at Ripley and very soon got to the right side of a pint of the best ale.
After a good lunch I made for home via West Byfleet and was enjoying my usual aperitif in the garden just after three. Thanks John-----------------------Albert

No comments: