Thursday, October 28, 2010

Free Wheeling Day

Leaving a damp Dorking behind us, the (mostly B) group crossed the golf course to Brockham, noting progress on the bonfire en route to Norwood Hill. Here Jeff’s (mostly A) group were awaiting us. The weather was gradually improving. After Brian pushed me off (not too literally) I thought for a moment I’d had a good run. A few seconds later Mark whistled by, stopping about 100 yards along the road ! Soon more contestants arrived and my second place seemed assured until Godfrey beat me by inches. Soon everyone had arrived and we rode on to Charlwood where we divided loyalties between two pubs and the Pine Shop. Sadly no ladies competed this year. After lunch I had to return home in order to go on holiday again, leaving Brian to lead one group to 3s and Jeff to do likewise, in grand, sunny weather. Thanks, gents.
Thanks to Ed for his handsome,unique carved trophy for the winner. Runner-up award was a (new) tube.
Terry

No comments: