Wednesday, October 27, 2010

John Scott


I have had quite a disruptive time since our initial move from London on the 8th September. I am currently camping out at my daughters new home in Wokingham pending a complete refurbishment of an old Victorean ruin in Acton which the builders say will be ready for just after Christmas. Looking at what needs to still be done I feel it must be more like February or March. I am currently living out of card board boxes with space limitation and have not found all my belongings. some of these may be in the unopened boxes Pickfords left us with or may be in their store awaiting light of day when we return to London hopefully next year. As far as cycling is concerned I am a little too far to make regular sorties to Wayfarers elevenses. I have tried contacting the local groups here but they seem to be shambolic in terms of where to meet and convenience of regular attendance. I have been out by myself to Silchester to view the Roman ruins (you may remember this from Vics train assisted rides). It reminded me of the house we have bought in Acton.
John

1 comment:

Jeff said...

John
We are so desperately sad to learn of your straitened circumstances and that you are having to live out of cardboard boxes! Hopefully, you will have scavenged some tarpaulin sheets to protect you from the elements.You are so removed from civilisation, regretfully, that we are not able to bring you food parcels or warm clothing. However, if the recession stricken builders act on your instructions,and I'm sure they will, the sun will soon be rising on Acton Towers. You must name your new abode 'La Fenice'.
With heartfelt wishes,
Jeff.