Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Ride 13th Oct.

Just a short report for a shorter ride than usual after an interesting AGM at Hersham. 14 of us left the AGM at about 12:15 to the Crouch Oak pub at Addlestone at rather a fast pace but not unusual for the A's with a slight delay in Weybridge taking the wrong right hand turn.

We arrived a bit late at the pub after  pm it having been booked for between 12 and 1:00. We left at about 2:15 after nicel- cooked and copious food. There was another delay shortly after leaving lunch with myself being knocked off my bike by a lady barring my way with a car door in a busy section of Addlestone. On my recovery the Lady in question received quite a lecture although she prefusely apologised to the point when she was in tears. We continued on after I understand she was consoled by my valient companions.

The route taken as planned was quite direct to New Haw then via the Wey towpath to Wisley and the disused Airfield (where a part of the Film War Horse was to be completed the next day) to Downside, Bookham Common and Fetcham and my home to have a modest 3's come 4's of tea and biscuits on a self service basis, Pete M even managed to warm his bread pudding on the microwave. My dear wife arrived in time to wash up.

Ray

2 comments:

mike morley said...

Ray. Sorry I missed your ride, lunch and tea. By 6pm I was in Cows IOW with Natalie trying to help her buy a house. Barbara unfortunately could not make it with me as she was confined to bed with Flue like symptoms (not a very nice fellow like me she say!). Sorry to hear about your misshap I hope mind, body and bike have survived without too much distress. Mike.M

Pete said...

A very enjoyable tea stop at this time of the year. I hope you have no after effects Ray as you went down with quite a thump