Monday, September 03, 2018

A Group ride 5th September


After much riding back and forth I have finally decided on a pub and directions, I must first say a big thank you to Ken Day and his son Paul for looking at the route and offering alternative suggestions but after careful thought I have decided that I would go with my first idea of having a flatish ride.

My route will take us over many of the roads we often travel to get south, going through Leatherhead, Brockham, Rusper and finishing at Warnham.
The route out will have one section of rough stuff on Coach Road, Betchworth Golf Club. There is that awful section  of tarmac through the trees to Rusper. On the return leg Bush Lane off of the Rusper Road leading through to Wimland Road.
There will be some fast down gradients and for me some slow up gradients.

We shall be stopping for lunch at The Greets Inn, Friday Street. As with many pubs they have asked us to pre order.
The menu can be found on their website www.thegreetsinn.co.uk. I will have a copy of it with me but if you would have a look it may save some time.

I hope to have tea at Brockham Village Hall if not Denbies

See you all on Wednesday

Geoff

No comments: