Monday, September 03, 2018

Viva Aviva!

Hi all, I am sure many of us consider bike insurance an important part of our home insurance and after some research I am happy to recommend Aviva. What I really liked about their policy is that you don't have to list your bikes or how many bikes you have.  You only need to advise them of the value of your most expensive bike. The premium was very competitive and for those of you who use Quidco or Top Cashback you can often get an additional  £50-70 back.  .... feel free to ask me if you would like more info!  Mike

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Hi Mike, I too can recommend Aviva, though I have to say they were difficult with me on paying out full amount for my Ex British Team TREK MTB while they paid out in full on the on the one year old BMC in the end after much argument. I had a photograph of the BMC but not one of the Trek. The MTB had top of the range Rock-Shock carbon head forks with full lockout, value alone around £1100. They only paid out £1250 for the whole bike. They also insist that you replace through Wheelies and they are most unsatisfactory. For instance they said I cannot have another BMC and tried to insist on me having a Cannondale. They also short changed me on top of the range Moon combo pack front & rear light costing £150 and supplied instead Lezyne worth much less.
After much arguing with Wheelies and referring back to Norwich I was able to buy a Boardman to replace the BMC which I got from Destination Bike at Box Hill. Excellent service and I can recommend Geoff Clifton. They have a first class mechanic Chris who is ex Geoffrey Butler Purley.
The bikes were stolen from a break in to my Garage. Some insurers insist that even in your garage you lock them to a fixed point. Unless they have changed the rules Aviva don't.
All my bikes I now photograph and record the frame numbers.