Wednesday, September 19, 2018

"B" ride today 19 Sept 2018

Dear Pam not wishing to steel your thunder but before I immerse myself in a hot bath, today was a fantastic ride and the PineApple excelled. From my point of view however it was very strenuous. 71 miles home to home and the final climb up the North Downs from Walton on Thames to Walton on the Hill some 213 m. ASL made my loins and my groins ache. Any one available for a massage please! Pam a great day out!
If I may comment it was also good to see Sarah out for what I suspect was her first "B" group ride though she has been out with the "A's". Normally a rider with KPRC she also did the Prudential 100 and so a very fit rider. It was also great to see Christina who with family was on the Birthday Rides and this was her first ride to this part of the world, so once again Pam well done!
I had intended to go to Tea at Sheperton Lock but missed you all due to a misunderstanding. In the end I had a very reasonable Large Late & Danish Pastry at the cafe next to the Co-op in Sheperton, traversing home then via Esher, Claygate, Ewell, Epsom College, Tadworth, where I saw Pete Beyers on his way home.
Can't wait to see how the "A" group got on but did they do any more miles than we, without train assist!

No comments: