Thursday, September 27, 2018

Bike Cameras by Mike Reynell

Hi Mike, it was very interesting to read your account and I'm impressed that Sussex Police are so supportive. Do you have any experience of Surrey Police position on this. So far I have made little progress with my being hit behind by a coach on at the Beeverbrook roundabout on the A24 Leatherhead bypass despite the fact that a police report has been written which according to Slater Gordon puts the onus on the coach driver for Edward Thomas & Co.
My case is being handled by Slater + Gordon but to my mind their handling of the case is abysmal. proceedings are so so slow, that is why I am impressed with your quick responses from Sussex Police.

On a further positive note I went up to London train assist with my Moulton on Tuesday for one reason to visit a Sir Christoper Wren church of St. Michael near Monument dedicated to the Mission to Seafarers. See picture below. Outside were a group of cyclists appearing to be training. I recognised one of the instructors from Addiscombe CC and inquired what he was doing. The trainees had all stopped for a "Fag Break" and were HGV drivers on a CTC run driver awareness course being taught how to be aware of cyclists both on the highway and cycle express ways.
This reminded me of the time some time back when I attended a similar event on Sutton High St., but in the opposite way I sat in the HGV driver cab and the blind spots are incredible.


No comments: