Thursday, June 10, 2021

A Group ride to Haslemere 9/06/21

 After some last minute re-arranging by ride leader Hans at 11’s, I was the designated sub-group leader for the 2nd group off. Having ridden the route a few days previously on Hans’ recon, I was pretty sure of where I was going, but as I only have a primitive Garmin that doesn’t allow routes to be followed, I was going to do it all from memory….no worries, I had Brian and Neil C with the route, ready to steer me in the right direction if I went wrong.

The rest of our group comprised Sue C, Gina and Steve D, who offered to back-mark for us.
The ride was uneventful in the sense that nothing dramatic happened, and we didn’t get lost, which left us free to enjoy the route, with its extremely quiet, largely traffic-free lanes, beautiful scenery and of course , the hills  weather.
Lunch was a joy…excellent food, very quick service and very cheap…I feel a return visit coming on!!
The ride back to tea was the same as the morning, any drama being absent, allowing us to continue enjoying a fabulous day out on the bike.
Thanks to Brian and Neil for keeping me on the right track, Steve for back-marking and Sue and Gina for their company.
And also to Hans for plotting such a fantastic route.

Dave B



No comments: