Thursday, January 22, 2009

B Group Jan 21st


There were only 8 of us who set out from Redhill despite the lovely day albeit a bit cold. We were: Bill, Ian, John G, Norman, Richard, Stephanie, Terry and my good self. Bill's day had started badly - on his way to elevenses he skidded on some spilt diesel and came a cropper. A certain person then caused chaos by asserting that my chosen route was wrong. I foolishly believed him and there were two consequences: firstly we went a longer way round than I had intended and secondly I fell off (because I was so confused about the revised route that I was busy looking at the map and got caught in a deep gutter!) However we got to Lambs Green and The Lamb Inn along virtually traffic-free lanes in pleasant sunshine. The pub provided us with a nice table and prompt and pretty reasonable food. Back to Dorking via Newdigate to the Vineyard for tea. Bill and I caught the train from Dorking - he did me a great favour by giving me and my lightless bike a lift from Tulse Hill to my home which meant I was less late for my dinner date than I would have been otherwise.

Regards Bernard

No comments: