Friday, January 16, 2009

Easy Riders Jan 14th

Nearly decided it was too foggy to turn out but groped my way to Hersham to find a pretty good representative crowd of all three groups enjoying their elevenses in no great rush to press forth into the still present gloom. However a few minutes after eleven, led by Ron and around nine more including Mark, Lynda, Roger, Charles, Fuzz, Dennis, Bill H.,and me, set off for The Bell at East Molesey. A nice flat route over Sir Richards Bridge through Ashley Park in Walton. At this point we got rather decimated and since Ron offered us an alternative route via either road or towpath with the intention of meeting up under Walton Bridge, Fuzz and I went over the bridge and he, climbing to the top of the wooden footbridge near Walton Marina where I from below opted to take the direct route down Terrace Road where I joined forces with Mark and we continued up Hurst Road to our destination. I left him to his sandwiches and found myself alone in The Bell enjoying a
pint when Charles and then Fuzz appeared. The food was good and the beer was less expensive then most other pubs. Ron and most of the others turned up when we were about to leave and we learned that Lynda and others had gone a bit upmarket to lunch at The Albion. I left them at Hampton Court Bridge and made for home where I found I had covered over thirty miles. Did anyone go for tea? At least the fog had dimmed somewhat and it is quite a bit warmer today-------Albert

No comments: