Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easy Riders March 24th





Good turnout at Shepperton with warmer weather. Before leaving the village, yours truly had a bit of a contretemp but happily no ill effects. John C., led our ride to The Running Mare at Cobham with Lynda, Beryl, Mark, Roger, Fuzz, Dennis, me and a couple more. The route took us over Walton bridge and down New Zealand Avenue to the cyclepath leading from Hersham to Westend. Here the potholes became pretty grim and the climbs a bit fierce. I am afraid the others had quite a few waits for me to catch up. It`s not that I`m getting old; I AM OLD. we did however get some freewheeling before reaching Stoke Road and the pub, which always does us proud. After lunch most of the others went on to Claygate for tea while I with good old Dennis headed for my place. Thanks John for keeping me clear of the offroad.A couple of pictures attached---------Albert

No comments: