Thursday, July 28, 2011

B Group 27th July

B Group 27th July

A change of venue for elevenses and one lost sheep was duly rescued from St Martins. A large group of 19 set off for the Gate at Ifield. We took the Coach Road to Brockham and then via Wellhouse Road and through Leigh to Parkgate. From here we went over Stan Hill to Charlwood and along Ifield Wood Road to the pub. By now the sun was breaking up the clouds and a pleasant lunch was cheerfully served in the large garden. Unfortunately it seems that the current landlord/lady are moving on next Tuesday so we have to hope that a similarly warm welcome will await us in future. After lunch I confused a few by repeatedly turning south as we traversed the lanes along the ridges south of Rusper through Wimlands and Green Lane. About to turn into Friday Street the "traffic" approaching from our left turned out to be the A Group returning from Rowhook. They later turned right to Rusper while, ever unpredictable, I took my flock through Capel to Newdigate. We all met up again at Denbies for tea. 32 miles from elevenses.

To see the route ...

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/43526094

Brian

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Well done Brain I am impressed with your new found ability to put map links on the Blog but I have to say I could not make a connection with the link you posted directly by clicking on it. I must also congratulate you on your leadership reports back are very positive. I look forward to you leading the "A" group at some time.