Monday, June 11, 2018

Beryl Dare and Ray's Bike & Bits

I set off on Sunday morning to join C&M at Ripley but got lost, so instead I called in to see Beryl. She was very pleased to see me and looked well and clearly coming to terms over Ray. It's almost a year now. She said that the van driver has been prosecuted for driving without due care but no reason or explanation given for what he did. He is being sentenced in the Crown Court.

Beryl would love to get rid of all Ray's bikes etc that are in the garage and bike shed. They are of course quite old and of a small size. I will post some photos below which I took on Sunday. I did explain to Beryl that price expectation should be very low and I am not sure of the best way to dispose. Anyone however is more than welcome to have a look at them and all the bits, like tyres, tubulars, lights, seat bags, pumps, MTB bar end extensions, wheels mudguards, tools, you name it Ray had it. If anyone is interested and to save Beryl being overwhelmed if she doesn't know you let me know and we can visit her. Her family in Sothampton have taken two of the better bikes.
Yesterday we disposed of lots of feed bottles from KPRC etc that were hanging in a large plastic bag.

Beryl showed me a framed picture collage which will be presented to her at Jake/Garry





BBQ on Sat 23 June while many of us will be on the Dieppe Raid.

No comments: