Thursday, June 28, 2018

Dieppe Sou'Westers Triumph again

We won and Terry who received the Challenge Neville Chanin trophy asked me to carry it back to England, which I duly did in the magnificent brown bag I won. However when mentioning this to Tim C at Don's wake he said OH!, we normally leave it with Isabelle to keep in in a cabinet at the La Plage for safe keeping until next year. It is apparently the real thing not a replica and is kept in perpetuity. So sorry someone will have to take it all the way back in 2019 for the 47 year celebration.

Meanwhile I decided that we should at least show it on the blog and in order to do so put it along side some of my old antiques as can be seen on the picture below. I will send an email to Isabelle in case she is any way upset or alarmed. Meanwhile I will get the Trophy to Terry for safe keeping and no doubt he can share it around throughout the year so that the Brasso work is also shared.




No comments: