Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Dieppe Raid

Well everyone I thought it was quite rude to refer to the new C&M snorers but I do sympathies with all those that needed to sleep on the ferry to Newhaven but then to ride home is incredible!
Francis dropped by this morning to pick up her bag that lightened her journey and left me with a nice bottle of red. Toni de and I had a quite difficult journey home and we missed our 16.05 ferry at Calais but P&O put us on the 17.25 @ no extra cost, well done them. What amazed me was that as we drove along the M20 the outside temperature was 27 deg.C, much warmer than it had been all weekend in Dieppe. Though I was quite deflated not to win the MTB, I was sure that my number 44 was certainly the winner, it was great to see the young wiper snapper proudly walk of with mum and the bike.
I took and number of photo's but the light was not quite right for my old Sony but never the less it was great to see Terry collect the trophy for most attendance of the Sou'Westers.










No comments: