Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Dieppe Raid cancelled for 2021

 News just in from the UK organiser, Caroline Street, on the Facebook page:

Sadly I’ve just heard from Dieppe CDC that the Raid needs to be cancelled for this year as there are too many uncertainties. I wanted to let you know but need to take some time working out how best to deal with this situation. I am thinking that some may wish to carry over the entry fee to next year, though I think I should now return the meal payments in full. The entry fees are more complicated. As you know, I have the overheads of running the website and advertising for last year that has already been paid. 

I need to work things out and get back to you over the next few weeks. If you could spread the word to people who aren’t on Facebook, that would be helpful. We are all hopeful (Dieppe included) that the event will go ahead in 2022. 

As most of you know, this is a voluntary exercise. Much of my time is currently being spent helping at a local vaccination centre and a testing site; combined with a bit of exercise when time allows. I will get back to you all over the next few weeks with a plan.

1 comment:

Dave Vine said...

Thanks for letting us know Simon. It's not even on the Dieppe website yet. A big disappointment to lose 2 years.