Friday, January 28, 2022

Invitation to A group ride 2nd February

We will be leaving from Cobham RBL next Wednesday and I have re-plotted a ride we did couple of years back across Farley Heath via Albury to Wonersh and The Grantley Arms. The pub is huge inside, but outside bike parking is limited to the front fore court area. I have booked us into three groups. Return is back to Cobham in Caffe Capital avoiding Guildford by riding via Black Heath village and past Chilworth Gunpowder Mills, a historic monument (set up in 1626 by the East India Company) to Burpham and the A3 cycle path. Weather is forecast dry with grey cloud and temperature in double figures so perhaps a layer less. Once again, the route is relatively straightforward, but with a few quiet roads we haven't ridden for a while.

On the mask wearing front, I plan to wear a mask inside as normal, unless sat down to eat. I will also do a test on the Tuesday before the ride to make sure I am not going to spread more than good wishes to everyone. You must decide for yourselves what is appropriate.

Neil C and Dave Vine have kindly volunteered to co-lead. If you would like to join this ride, please email me steve_duffin@yahoo.co.uk before Monday 6pm and I will send back route files and group details on Tuesday 1st February.

Steve D.


No comments: