Wednesday, August 19, 2020

B Group - 19th August

B Ride to Caterham and Virtual Ride beyond

Nineteen riders signed up for the Caterham ride. This is a great sign suggesting that Caterham is no longer considered by the majority of B riders to be a start too far and we can look forward to a decent peloton next time Caterham is on our schedule.

Of these 19, nine turned up on the day in very damp conditions and were warmly welcomed by their fellow riders and the volunteers of the recently re-opened Caterham Day Centre. They had provided a splendid variety of cakes to go with our tea or coffee. Well done and thank you to them.

In the end we settled for own routes and made our various ways home to dry out and prepare for the next ride.

J.A.

 

 

1 comment:

Mike Morley said...

Well done one and all. Due to the rain I did not venture out and I am sorry that I missed all those lovely cakes. John I have to say well done as leader for turning up but then what else could you do, you are a star!
The purpose of this comment is to confirm that I am no longer anonymous!
My friendly computer man Dan has sorted that but in order to do so he has left me with access at top RHS with a dashboard access instead of the usual "create a post" and I cant get my head around this. Can anyone like Tim, Simon or Mark help me with this!
Best regards, Mike M