Sunday, November 01, 2020

'A' Group Ride 4 Nov 2020

 The 'A' Group ride from Cobham on Wednesday 4 November will be going ahead as things currently stand.    Lunch is at Junction 8 Cafe, Reigate Hill, and tea at The Old Moat Garden Centre, nr Epsom.   Impossible to emulate Dave F's recent Cobham/Ashtead/Banstead ride, but you may find some echoes of it here (or is it a recurring nightmare)!   A shortish distance (20 miles to lunch and 11 back to tea), which will allow us to take 2,300 ft of evenly-spread climbing steadily!    One off-road section (Bookham Common) which one group will omit, but we have often ridden this in winter and it doesn't usually present any problems.   I haven't spotted any blue plaques, but we will be passing through the former 'rotten borough' of Upper Gatton, unbelievably one of the most notorious centres of electoral corruption in the UK until voting reform began in 1832

Junction 8 has only very limited shelter, but plenty of (public) seating, toilets, and a superb view.   You can bring your own packed lunch if preferred.  The Old Moat has a covered terrace.

These days I have a morbid fear of cycling in the dark so hope to be home well before dusk, but advise you to bring lights in case of any unplanned delays.

If you'd like to join the ride please let me know ( cycledave23@gmail.com ) by 7.00 am on Tuesday 3 November.     There are 20 places.   Unless you have any questions, you won't hear back from me until Tuesday morning when I'll send you your group and start time details and the .gpx files.

6 comments:

Janice said...

Dave I’d to join your ride please, on road group if possible. I’ve commented here as I don’t have your email address.

I’m guessing this will be a popular ride given the lockdown from Thursday and the sunny forecast!

Hans said...

Hi Dave, likewise can you count me in for the road group please.

Patrick W said...

Ditto

Steve Wiltshire said...

Hi dave, I'd like to ride too please.

David W said...

Thanks, noted, Dave

Mike Morley said...

n