Sunday, November 22, 2020

Apocalypse Now + Armageddon = ??? See below for answer

       On Saturday I was generously invited by Paul to join him as part of a duet on a covid secure little local circuit, to get me out of the house  and into the saddle, to escape the python like grip of an imposed 'vulnerable' incarceration from Robben Island. He has been trying hard. He was duly waiting for me to appear at 9am. Our modest little circuit took us  down Langley Vale to Ashtead, towards Leatherhead and Rykas up the Zigzags to Boxhill. That was a revelation. I could not believe my eyes. It was a vision from Apocalypse Now. Hell!

The National Trust Cafe looked more like a Syrian Concentration Camp. It was heaving and overflowing with covid insane lemmings bent on their own destruction and all around them. Social separation? Non-existent. The road was blocked with automatons trying to park in already full National Trust car parks. Look up the NT website.

This is insanity!

For your own safety and that of your family, friends and clubmates, avoid this cess-pit like the plague.

Even the National Trust website is asking everyone one to steer clear. This place should be closed down as  a national hazard. Road alas not closed.

I regret the absence of photographic evidence, but I was following my leader and could not stop. I did return today. The traffic was just as horrific, but I was not prepared to mingle with the lemmings to take a photo.

Jeff

4 comments:

Brian said...

Which of course is why they closed the road during the first lockdown. There is a silver lining though. Lodgebottom Lane is ignored by most and was even when Box Hill was closed. I think it's just as scenic and I'm happy to leave the Strava followers to their doom.

Simon L said...

Natural selection in action, unfortunately.

Dave F said...

Natural selection. A bumper year for candidates for “The Darwin Awards”.

Dave C said...

Yes Box was a tad busy on Sunday. But I've never seen so many Cars at/along the top of Ranmore.