Sunday, February 27, 2022

Surrey CC consultation - support needed

 Following Simon's post on 15 February with a link to Surrey County Council's consultation on walking and cycling routes I have added a few comments. These relate to the potential for creating a through off road/year round cycle route from Leatherhead to Esher/Claygate using the cycle path from Kingston Road to the Star pub, across Princes Coverts using The Avenue to Rushett Lane and then through New Road to Claygate ( or Ardbrook). 

New Road has become very muddy and is no longer a year round route and Princes Coverts is obstructed by the gates. I have put comments on both ( and by the A243) highlighting the potential. However these need some support by others. The link is here..

 https://surreylcwip.commonplace.is/comments

Thanks,  Brian

4 comments:

Dave Vine said...

Brian, OK I have agreed. Once you are through SCC/Commonplace verificaton process it's very easy to vote in favour many of the other sensible proposals on this map. Not much time though...

Tim C said...

I have ticked 'agree' to many of the suggestions although I haven't been through the whole map. I think I may have added a new suggestion too. We all have our favourite black spots, places where we feel that we are taking some measure of risk, especially certain roundabouts or places where the traffic is moving too fast for us, or places where motorists seem compelled to overtake us on roads that are too narrow. Etc.

abigailulinski said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff said...

There are a number of suggestions with which I strongly disagree. Unfortunately, the only option available is to support. I want a button to express opposition! Bit late now.