Friday, October 21, 2022

Report for Easy Riders - 19th October

We have had some fairly short rides recently and so agreed that we should go for a little longer ride to make it all worthwhile. We left Walton DC turning along the High Street as far as the roundabout to turn left up Ashley Road. Just before the railway bridge we turned right along the track to Oatlands Avenue. At the end of this we turned left and then right along St. George's Avenue and made our way into Brooklands. Emerging at the other end we turned right along Parvis Road to West Byfleet where we turned left into Pyrford Road and left towards Pyrford Lock. On reaching the A3 we took the bridge over and then had a little problem with the route.

Although I was meant to be leading, I found myself at the back watching the rest of the group disappear along a footpath towards the airfield. My route, which I took, was to go along Elm Lane to join Old Lane and up to the Black Swan crossroads. I waited some time at the crossroads and eventually the group appeared from Ockham Lane. After gathering we agreed to separate into two groups as hunger pains were affecting some who wanted lunch in a hurry. I led the remainder of the group up Old Lane and Effingham Common Road into Great Bookham and to the Running Horse in Leatherhead. There, seven of us met up with Bill Parkhouse who had taken a more direct route, as agreed.

I guess that most of the group managed 40+ miles for the day which was somewhat more than is our normal fare.

John

No comments: