Saturday, July 20, 2024

Pat Matthews cycling 'paraphernalia' and old Rough Stuff journals

Pat Matthews' son Kevin has been sorting out Pat's house and garage and has sent me this message:

"There is a lot of cycling paraphernalia including a full bike (Trevor Jarvis frame), lots of wheels, tyres, racks, car racks and many other items. If any members would like to come and have a look , they are welcome. I'm not asking for any payment but would love to know these things have returned to the world my mum loved so much. If you want to pass on my number that's fine."

And amongst all the memorabilia from her long cycling career he has come across 'quite a collection of the Rough Stuff Journals from the 1960s era'. 

The RSF was founded in 1955 and appears to be still going strong.

He would be happy to pass these on to anyone who is interested. Please contact me and I will share his number with you. Note that Pat's old bike is not the famous 'Flying Gate'.

~ Tim C

No comments: