Friday, August 23, 2024

Ride report for B Group - 21st August

The first group set off at 10.30 for a long, pleasant ride to lunch. The weather was ideal and the roads were amazingly flat. One interesting new route was to try to find the correct path across a golf course. We were twice 'assisted' by golfers who felt that we had taken a wrong turn and should not be where we were.

A lovely day out, how fortunate we all are.

J.A.
__________

Leatherhead Fairfield is a great place for 11s especially on a warm and sunny day like today.

My group is made of Stephen H, Geoff G, Terry, Maggie and Paul J, Helen, Pinky. We departed at a leisurely 11amish from the Centre.

Geoff G very kindly offered to back marking for us 8 riders.

We went through Lower Road, Effingham, East Horsley, Ockham Village towards Ripley, Old Woking then through Chobham Golf Club towards West End Village and Hare and Hounds for our lunch at the Donkey Town. 

After lunch, we rode through Gracious Pond Chobham to Ottershaw, Chertsey and afternoon tea at Ferry Cafe Shepperton.

It was 3 weeks ago Fixie Dave and I did the reccy, I converted my reccy ride to a route on RwGPS. In general I use my Garmin for navigation, since I was never 100% certain how it communicates re directions, I made a few wrong turns throughout the ride. Luckily I had a few wise riders e.g. Paul Geoff, Stephen behind me to shout out the correct turn. Yes I probably did the "longest" ride due to those "wrong" turns😅

Thanks Fixie Dave for devising such an interesting route and for my group for your companies and help. Hope you all enjoyed the ride today.

~ Christina

__________

This week's ride attracted a good turnout, in comparison to last week's ride, difficult to ascertain as to why ? ðŸ¥´

24 of us B group cyclists set off from Leatherhead, on our Derby, to Donkey Town.

We were pleased to be joined by two more cyclists at our Lunch stop, Pam & Gill, at The Hare & Hounds. 

The Victoria line took us thru the Golf course, ðŸ˜€  That being the route which Victoria, a lady runner, Christina and myself met on our recce, She was kind enough to make a U-turn and run ahead of us along the Bridal trail.

The many road repairs, which were being carried out along our route at a lightning pace,  didn't present much hindrance on our ride.  
 
Thanks to all who took part in our ride; my happy group consisted of Carolyn, Diane, Julie, Steph, Arwyn, Grant, Karl, Mick.

Thanks to Diane, our back marker, who kept all our group in line ! 

Dave 
__________












No comments: