Thursday, March 30, 2017

B Group Wed 29 March

I must say I enjoyed the B group for a change it was a challenging but enjoyable ride well lead by Dave J. With my knobbly Cube MTB tyres I was glad I had opted for the more sedate ride but non the less was dropped by most on the hills. Also pleased that we did not get the rain that A group reported.
As Dave reported Pam who still can't have a conversation up hill has not lost her ability to fly down hills. After a re-grouping at Cold Harbor I was first away and legged it down to Dorking only to be passed at speed by Pam who was first to the bottom on her slick road bike!
Lunch at the Stepping Stones was very good. I was first to arrive or so I thought only to find Vic already at the bar ordering food and drink. He had not taken a short cut but had demonstrated his masculinity by completing the rout 15 minutes ahead of us in the big gear he pushes.
I ordered my food next and no sooner had we sat down then the sandwiches arrived which prompted me to ask were they made yesterday?
Poor old Robin J was last to be served with a massive baked potato and prawns with salad. He had waited so long that many spare chips were offered to him, prompting me to think what a Gannet but he was hungry and being a slow eater (therefore not a Gannet) he nearly missed the photo call after lunch. Reminds me of John B in the A group somehow always last to finish.
The picture below shows robin enjoying has lunch.



No comments: