Thursday, March 23, 2017

Westminster and all that!

Dear Simon thank you for showing so much concern bout me but firstly on the positive side. I had been invited to attend a memorial service at Westminster Cathedral for Nada the wife of a good friend of mine form Italy. It turned out to be a very Posh do by a lovely family. So although I was intent on doing the London Ride (see also my disastrous ride with KPRC on Saturday 18 March) I did not think that it was appropriate to go to the service in Lycra!
I went by trian from Tadworth and got to the Shakespeare Head by about 12 noon so got my Tuna Pennini and Midland Red beer and waited for you all to arrive! One more beer you did but it would appear without the "B" group? Anyway what I wanted to do was present Simon L with a receipt from fund raising office St. Raphael's for £495 to cover the donations on the start line. See photo below. Thanks again to all who helped me with this event-much appreciated.


For those that might be interested in a picture of the lady chapel at Westminster Cathedral her it is


Now to matters more dramatic. I had a terrible time catching a bus from W'Spoons traffic was so bad I finally got to Charring Cross about 2,20pm and was so frustrated. So I jumped off the bus and rand down Whitehall and got on a No.91. At 2.35pm we were stopped by a RED light at Parliament Sq. The light turned GREEN and we went right passed Westminster Abbey as the carnage was taking place though I was not aware of it. Had the bus been one or two minutes later we would have been caught up in it and I would not have made the service. Seems like my cycling mates from "A" grop were equally lucky only more so as thy might have been mow'n down by a maniac!

No doubt all our families were concerned! What concerns me most was that I got a call from a friend in East London, knowing that I was in Westminster. It seems that the perpetrator is a well known English Man on the Home Office Radar and has adopted a Muslim name  and been making frequent visits outside of the UK to become radicalized.  He recently returned from Romania. Two questions
  1. Why was he allowed to escape the Radar screen?
  2. How was he allowed to run from his car with a knife and kill an unarmed police officer. Where were the armed guy's Asleep?

No comments: