Tuesday, March 21, 2017

London Ride Wed 22nd March

Hans & the "A"+"B" group ride. Unfortunately I wont be able to make the ride though could perhaps make the lunch. I will be attending a funeral at Westminster Cathedral and am advised that I should not turn up looking like a scruff on a bike!
I hope that you all have an enjoyable day with better luck than the KPRC off-road ride I did on Saturday. Andy Pearce had planned this ride some weeks ago to include a ride on the cable car with bikes from docklands to Greenwich. Despite checking it out on-line when we got there it was shut for maintenance and so we had to revert to the Woolich Ferry. I decided to take some photo's of the Thames Barrier and in the process got dropped and had to find my own way home. The group went to look at the Cutty Sark and I decided to take the DLR from Greenwich to BANK with bike. A bit tricky with loads of escalators especially getting from Bank to exit at monument, which then left me a short ride to London Bridge and train home to Tadworth all for six quid (single zone 6)




No comments: