Tuesday, July 31, 2018



David’s Ride London

Just to say thanks to all those Wayfarers that I haven’t seen to say thank you for the sponsorship for the Ride 100 on Sunday. The charity, the Spinal Injury Association were overjoyed with the amount we raised, over £1000.00, as am I, it all goes to a very worthy cause.

Jennie and I were very pleased with the ride, terrible weather with the rain and the winds but Jennie and I cycled the whole thing together.

We went up the three climbs which loads of others didn't, so we heard, due to accidents, there were far too many ambulances on that course! Also, I've never seen so many people have punctures, hundreds!

I really enjoyed cycling back into London on traffic free roads through parts I knew from childhood, coming out was OK but East London is not the most scenic of areas

Here is a photo of Jennie and me at the finish.


David Jackson

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Congratulations to Dave & Jennie what a wonderful total to raise for such a worthy cause! I look forward to a chat at Cobham 2morrow. I am so intrigued as to how you made the whole course and what time you started? I was pushed off the Box Hill bit which to me is the easiest of the big hills. Well done.