Friday, June 19, 2020

'B' Group Ride - Weds 24 June 2020


Wednesday's 'B' ride in groups of six from Walton Bridge will be....a circular ride of 25 miles to Walton Bridge (anti-clockwise direction of travel)!   I should mention that there will be a lunch stop at Queen Elizabeth Gardens, Horsell, where there are public toilets (open), and, in the adjacent High Street, no less than a cafe, a coffee shop, a baker's, a Coop supermarket, and a smaller, general store (all open when I visited).   I'd still advise you to bring your own refreshments, though! 

Not a completely flat ride, especially outbound, but nothing too challenging.

If you'd like to join the ride please add a comment to this blog with your name and e-mail, or else e-mail me, not later than 7.00 am on Tuesday 23 June, and I'll allocate you to a group and let you know which, and your start time, by Tuesday evening.    I can't guarantee you a place if you don't let me know by the deadline.

Of course, the whole ride does depend on sufficient co-leaders volunteering to lead the individual groups.   I already have two very kind offers, which means we can currently take up to 18 riders, on a first come, first served basis.   If you'd be willing to to be on standby in case more co-leaders are needed, then I'd be very grateful.   .gpx file of the route will be available, but also, an old-fashioned route sheet!

Dave


1 comment:

Steph said...

I d like to join the ride on Wed from Walton Dave. I can help out if needed. Steph