Tuesday, June 06, 2017

A weekend to remember or Not!

Well bloggers I see you have all been very busy and I know that we do not wish to be political but I would like to relate my varied weekend involving me and my bike from Friday 2nd June until Monday 5th June.
On Friday I met a friend at London Bridge, went around Borough Food Market and departed for home from London Bridge at 9.30pm. Another narrow miss but not quite as close as missing the Westminster Bridge atrocity by 3.mins.
Saturday saw me enjoying myself on my MTB at the Derby and meeting a "Lady in Red"


In the evening I visited Jakes KPRC BBQ fueled up on Stella before riding home to carbo-load on pasta before rising at 4am for a 6am SCCU 50 mile TT at Dial Post. Despite refueling on porridge in the morning I barely beat 3hrs for a poor time!

While travelling to the fifty start I heard the terrible news of London bombing and so at 3pm on Monday I decided to go back to London Bridge and pay respects at 6pm in the Potters Garden next to the Beehive. There I came across a Canadian who was to lay flowers to the first victim identified. So tradgic!


I took many more pictures but do not want to be too political but the following was with a bunch of Muslim Cyclists also turning out in solidarity!


No comments: