Wednesday, August 18, 2021

David Bellchamber RIP

I'm sad to report that David Bellchamber, from Cobham Royal British Legion, passed away a few weeks ago. (I found out when I popped into the Legion on my ride home from Guildford - and having had no response to an email about recommencing our elevenses). He died from Covid in Epsom Hospital.

Many of you will have known David far longer than me. He was responsible for opening-up the building and organising our teas and coffees - and probably a lot more. A lovely man.

David's funeral is on Monday. Further details will be posted on the blog about how the Wayfarers may wish to respond. 

1 comment:

Dave Vine said...

Very sad news about a longstanding friend of the club.

I spoke to Maureen from RBL and she tells me that the funeral is at 1.30 on Monday 23rd at Randalls Park Crematorium and aferwards at the RBL in Cobham.

I will go. If anyone else is planning to attend please let me know.