Saturday, November 06, 2021

John Brooks has died

Gillian wrote to me last night with this sad news that John died on Saturday 30th October.

Dear Tim,

I am shocked and saddened to be passing on to you the news that my dear friend John Brooks died last Saturday. His wife Gian has asked for my help in letting his many cycling friends know as she does not know how to. I will be sending a similar message to Helen as he had ridden frequently with the C's  though he was predominantly a B-er until a couple of years ago.

If you could devise something between you to pass on the news we would be very grateful. Use this message if you feel it appropriate. I shall tell people who knew him when I see them on a Kingston ride I expect to join this Sunday.

John had a lung condition (which he kept very much to himself - he didn't tell me) and had been in hospital regarding this for approaching a week prior to his death. He was fully expected to return home when pulmonary embolism clots moved to his heart and caused his death.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of such bad news.

Gillian (Calder) 

___________________________________

I've found two photos of John out with the Easy Riders during the summer:

John is sitting to Lynda's right

John backmarking for the group


1 comment:

Dave Vine said...

I will remember John as a thoroughly nice guy. He'll be sadly missed.