Tuesday, March 24, 2020

An Inspirational Message from 'Old Codger'

To inspire you all in these troubled times I thought I'd share with you this image of a place I make for when the tribulations of the world start to get too much and I seek calm and tranquility!   I hope it gives you solace at this difficult moment!


Anyway, I don't want the whole world discovering he secret, but my little piece of paradise is actually near Winchfield Station, Hampshire.   Slightly awkward, perhaps, if you live there and have to tell someone else your address, but I suppose you get used to it, and perhaps there is a Council tax reduction?   Given a choice, I'd still prefer Devil's Lane, Staines (yes, it does exist).

Anyway, stay well everyone.   My sympathies if you're imprisoned in your own home, and don't hesitate to let me know if I can help.   If you're lucky enough still to be allowed out, keep getting those miles in.  Either way, let's hope it's not too long before the SWLDA is back in full session!  I'm sure the time will zoom by (it will certainly easily overtake me if I'm out on the road - it will probably be wearing flashy kit, sunglasses that cost more than my house, and be on a top-of-the range carbon bike (probably electric) too, just to rub it in)! 

1 comment:

Tony said...

Is there any toilet paper there?