Monday, March 30, 2020

Exercise Yards


The advice on 'exercise' seems to have settled on 'about an hour, and not too far from home', which is what I had been doing anyway.  I'm lucky enough to have quite a range of tracks and bridleways on my doorstep, which I know pretty well.  Over the next couple of months it's likely that my knowledge  will become not only extensive, but detailed.  Hey ho.

This morning, up over Woodmansterne to Banstead, down Holly Lane then meandering over bridleways towards Kingswood.  Over the top to Out Wood, past the Surrey Downs Golf Club, which is closed, and on up on to High Road.

Not many people about, those I did see I gave a smile, a wave and a wide berth, which seemed to satisfy everyone.

Down to Chipstead, and back home through Woodmansterne, getting in just as it started to pick with rain.  Good timing.

Mark



2 comments:

Simon L said...

There is something very satisfying in the colours in your picture - it looks hand-tinted. Or was that an iPhone effect?

Mark G said...

You know me, Simon - painting with light.

No, nothing special. It's a fair representation of Surrey in March.

When all this is over, I'll take you up there. We can go to a pub.

Remember pubs?