Thursday, March 26, 2020

Lynda's solo rides

Tuesday, I thought I would go for my first solo ride since the virus, as it was a sunny day. I chose well. A short ride to Ewell Court Park. I passed few people and very few cars. When I got into the park I was the only person going round the pond. I sat on a bench in the sunshine watching the ducks and relaxing. It was very pleasant. Just me and the ducks.

Wednesday, as my usual cycling day I went further. I went Stoneleigh, Longmead, Manor Green Road over to Ashtead Common, up to the Loop. Pleasure Pit, the Ashtead Park and round to Active Coffee. (How I would have enjoyed a latte). Up to the High Street, right turn and back. After Longmead I decided to go to Ewell Court and enjoy sitting and visiting the ducks again.

Thursday, after reading Sue's ride, I wanted to experience Bushy Park without cars and few people. I made my way to Kingston. Through a pretty empty market place, pass the empty restaurants by the river. I took the back way round Ham and found a nice spot by the river. I had my sandwich and saw two swans flying chasing each other, making quite a din. I carried on to Teddington, over the bridge and through the high street and into Bushy Park. It was a pleasure cycling one end to the other. I made my way to Ace of Spades and was the only one going round the roundabout. Then, my favourite, Ewell Court for my snack.

Hope the sunny days continue.

~ Lynda.

No comments: