Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Ride to the hills

Shut
Very poor turnout at Cobham today, despite the gorgeous weather.   I wondered if I'd got the wrong day.   Then I remembered.  Oh yes, Coronavirus.

A solo ride was planned.  Originally I was thinking of doing the Leith Hill Traverse again, but this was vetoed by my legs.  So instead I just opted for Leith hill itself, all the way up to the tower with wonderful views all around, and only a handful of other people to share it with.   Got a bit lost around Peaslake while exploring some lanes I'd never been down before, but they were delightful.   It is nice sometimes to be able to go at your own pace, and stop and take photos whenever you want.  I passed a few walkers and cyclists, good to see, and coming back towards home, lots of parents out with their kids on bikes, which was lovely.

Thank you to Simon for back-marking.  Well done, you didn't lose anyone.
Daffodils
Dabbling

Recumbent (trike and dog)

Burchets Hollow

Tower

Picnic
View

Celandines

Primroses

Ashtead

1 comment:

Geoff Gregory said...

Hi Simon, NOT Coronavirus WRONG week it's next week the 1st April, see you there next week with the rest of the group, be early or you will miss the start and you will be riding on your own again.
Geoff